Looking for a New Year’s resolution? How about a spiritual goal to start off 2015? Join us for #TasteAndSee34! #TasteAndSee34 is a challenge designed to help us build a pattern of savoring God’s Word. The challenge is based on Psalm 34:8, “Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!” Time in God’s word is not intended to be solely a discipline, but also a delight. That is why we are invited to “taste and see that The Lord is good.”
Here is some more info on #TasteAndSee34
Before Jan 1 each participant will select a book of the bible (choose your own adventure). Then, starting on Jan 1 you will read one section of the book, and find one verse to focus on. Choose the verse based on it containing something you could benefit from considering.
Then…Taste and see that The Lord is good. Maybe that means reading it many times over and over, or journaling about it, or just praying about how it applies to your life. I was thinking the reading would be short, like the verses under one heading, but you can go at your own pace. If you don’t find a verse that stands out in one section just keep going. And then here is one important step: copy and paste the verse you are focusing on that day and post it (or part of it), on your preferred social media with the hashtag #TasteAndSee34 that way you are helping others taste and see. If you are not on Facebook or Twitter that is fine, somedays maybe you could text or email that verse to someone, or don’t worry about it and just enjoy the 34 days of savoring God’s word.
Starts on Jan 1 and goes 34 days, so it will wrap up on Feb 3.
You, Me and any other Uptowners, or friends that would like to join in. And hey, it doesn’t only have to be Uptowners, invite your friends.
Here are four simple reasons
1. We are called to spend time in God’s word which is described as living and active (Hebrews 4:12), and as “a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105).
2. Time in God’s word is not intended to be solely a duty, but also a delight, that is why we are invited to “taste and see that The Lord is good.”
3. A little accountability helps.
4. Your posts will encourage others. Also, read the scripture others post by following the hashtag will be encouraging.
How do I get started?
1. Tell me you are in by commenting on the blog below or send me a message on FB or Twitter, or just start on Jan 1.
2. Choose a book of the Bible to start with. If it is short, come up with what book you will read next.
3. Post this on FB or Twitter: “I am in for #TasteAndSee34 Want to join me? More info here: Copy and paste the LINK to this blog post.”
4. Starting on Jan 1, read your section, study and savor your verse, post your verse, or part of your verse on FB/Twitter for accountability and mutual encouragement…don’t forget to use the Hashtag #TasteAndSee34 so others can find your post.
5. Follow along with others!
34 days? You got this. Looking forward to encouraging one another to enjoy God’s word.
Author: Rev. Dave Kulp
Image: Found here